PURSUANT TO ITALIAN LEGISLATIVE DECREE 206/2005
Terms of Sale
- THE SALE OF ALCOHOLIC PRODUCTS IS PROHIBITED TO MINORS.
Users of the website shop.ibuongiorno.com declare that they are of legal age according to the legislation applicable to them. If there is no legislation in this respect, you must be at least 21 years old;
- All prices to the public are inclusive of VAT and do not include any taxes, duties and levies applicable in the destination country of the products and/or services, where this is different from Italy. These costs differ from country to country and are borne by the customer, who is responsible for verifying their amount with the competent customs authorities;
- All the wines in our shop are actually available at our premises;
- All shipments are covered by insurance;
- The site may be updated daily;
- The cost of each shipment must be added to the price of the individual product and/or service, and the shipping amount may vary depending on the delivery and payment method, as well as on the destination country. The total amount due for the chosen products and/or services will be clearly indicated and communicated to the customer prior to the conclusion of the Sales Contract;
- The prices shown on the site are subject to possible variations and/or changes by shop.ibuongiorno.com without any obligation of prior notice to the customer. These increases may depend - among other aspects - on increases decided by I Buongiorno's suppliers. For Sales Contracts concluded prior to the publication of the aforementioned changes, but still being executed, the prices in force at the time of receipt of the order shall apply;
- The published prices of products may vary for different vintages and formats;
Online dispute resolution:
Pursuant to European Union Regulation 524/2013, we inform consumers who are European residents that the European Commission has established an online platform that provides an alternative dispute resolution tool.
This tool may be used by the European consumer to non-judicially settle any dispute relating to and/or arising from contracts for the sale of goods and services concluded online.
Consequently, if you are a consumer in Europe, you may use this platform for the resolution of any dispute arising from the online contract concluded on this site.
The European ODR platform is available at the following link.
In case of disputes:
These General Terms and Conditions are governed by Italian law as well as each Sales Contract and subject to Italian jurisdiction. Any disputes relating to the General Terms and Conditions or the Sales Contracts shall fall under the jurisdiction of the court of residence or domicile of the consumer.
For your complaints:
Telephone: +39 0831 996286
I Buongiorno srl is not responsible for the content of sites present through links within I Buongiorno itself.
I Buongiorno apologises for any spelling, typing or translation errors in the texts and disclaims itself from any liability for moral or material damage resulting therefrom.
Defective Goods / Damaged Shipments
In the event of defective goods
- They may be returned to shop.ibuongiorno.com within 14 days of delivery;
- The shipping and packaging costs for the return shipment shall be borne by the customer;
- Defective goods will be replaced or refunded (if out of stock) by I Buongiorno.
If you receive packages from shop.ibuongiorno.com that are visibly damaged by the courier, (broken packaging or visibly stained by wine spilling from any broken bottles), you can do the following:
In the event of damaged shipments
- If several packages are involved, return only the damaged package to the sender by signing the courier's delivery note, indicating 'Conditional Delivery'. We will then be responsible for the return of the damaged package and sending you a replacement;
- If it is instead a shipment in a single package, return the shipment to the sender and we will, as above, be responsible for the return of the damaged package and sending you a replacement;
If the broken product is out of stock, you will be contacted for a possible replacement. If no replacement product can be found in our catalogue, I Buongiorno will refund the amount paid.
Any shipping costs for the return of the damaged package to the sender and the replacement of the new product are fully borne by us.
Non-compliant wine refers to wines with characteristics that differ from the producer's quality standards. Examples include, but are not limited to, the typical 'corky' smell and taste, rather than liquid leakage or a label completely ruined in transit.
When the wine is not compliant, it can be replaced at no cost to the customer if it is still available. If the wine is no longer available, the amount spent is refunded.
The customer must report the alleged non-compliance of one or more bottles from one or more wine cellars by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 months of purchase and no later than two months after discovery of the defect. The report must be accompanied by the I Buongiorno order number and pick-up address, as well as a description of each individual bottle found to be non-compliant and the non-compliant quantity.
I Buongiorno will then arrange for a free pick-up by its courier at the address indicated in the e-mail.
The product(s) must be returned with at least 2/3 of the original content and sealed with the original cork properly inserted. The return package must be entrusted to the courier in its original packaging in order to protect the wine during transport. This procedure is necessary so that I Buongiorno can in turn be reimbursed by the manufacturer or its assignee.
Once the wine has been returned and the non-compliance assessed, a new shipment of bottles of the same type and vintage is immediately arranged, if still available, or a refund of the amount spent is immediately given.
The procedure adopted resorts to the least amount of paperwork for the appropriate checks and is completely cost-free for the customer.
In the event of a dispute, the bottles will remain available at I Buongiorno for further proceedings by the relevant authorities and the customer will be charged for the courier pick-up cost.
Right of withdrawal
Information on the right of withdrawal
Purchases on the shop.ibuongiorno.com website are subject to the discipline of Italian Legislative Decree 206/2005 and Italian Legislative Decree 21/2014, which grants you the right to withdraw from the purchase contract for any reason.
Conditions of the right of withdrawal (pursuant to Italian Legislative Decree 206/2005 and modifications − Italian Legislative Decree 21/2014)
You have the right to withdraw from the contract, without stating reasons, within 14 days. The withdrawal period expires after 14 days from the day on which you or a third party other than the courier and designated by you acquire physical possession of the goods.
In order to exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us of your decision to withdraw from this contract by means of an express declaration, e.g., letter sent by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to the following address: Corso Vittorio Emanuele, 75 - 72012 - Carovigno (BR) Italy.
In order to comply with the withdrawal period, you must send the communication concerning the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period expires.
Standard withdrawal form - pursuant to Art. 49, par. 1, letter h) -
(complete and return this form only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
I/We (*) hereby give notice of withdrawal from my/our (*) Sales Contract of the following goods
(only if this form is notified in paper version)
Effects of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, you will be reimbursed for all payments you have made to us, including delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs deriving from your possible choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery from offered to us), without undue delay and in any case no later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed of your decision to withdraw from this contract. The refund may only be withheld beyond 14 days until you have demonstrated that you have sent back the goods or until we have received them, whichever occurs first.
These refunds will be made using the same means of payment you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any costs as a result of such reimbursement. The refund may be suspended until receipt of the goods or until the consumer demonstrates that he has returned the goods, whichever comes first.
You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from handling of the goods other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
You are requested to return the goods or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any case within 14 days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the 14-day period has expired.
I Buongiorno srl
Corso Vittorio Emanuele, 75
72012 Carovigno (BR) - Italy
The direct costs of returning the goods will be at your expense.
The purchased good must be essentially intact; we advise you to pay the utmost attention in preparing the package, for example using the original packaging.
The right of withdrawal is excluded in the following cases provided for by article 59 of the Consumer Code:
- The supply of made-to-measure or clearly personalized goods;
- The supply of sealed goods which do not lend themselves to being returned for hygienic or health protection reasons and which have been opened after delivery;
- The supply of goods which, after delivery, are, by their nature, inseparably mixed with other goods;
- The supply of alcoholic beverages, the price of which has been agreed at the time of conclusion of the sales contract, the delivery of which can only take place after thirty days and the actual value of which depends on market fluctuations which cannot be controlled by the professional;